243 East 82nd Street
Remember this cute little grey townhouse nested in tree lined 82nd Street, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues? Well, the façade is gone and has been replaced by four stories of scaffolding, masking what will be one of the first green townhouse of the UES.
The Oyster Capital Group, a New York City based boutique real estate and private equity development organization, bought the property in the end of 2007. Their approach to development is to approach every single property as if they were going to live in it themselves, focusing on detail-oriented finishes, unique layouts, bright spaces and incorporating environmentally friendly building practices.
Because green is New York City’s new black, The Oyster Capital Group has embraced a sustainable design philosophy and is working closely with the USGBC LEED® for Homes and ENERGY STAR® programs to design their homes with the environment in mind.
243 East 82nd Street will be the second LEED certified single-family house in the street. (The first one was build by developer Janna Bullock, CEO of RIGroup, at 12 East 82nd.)
There are countless environmental benefits to green buildings and they are cost-effective in the long run. Plus, you’re home will come with the satisfaction of doing right thing.
The old fashion townhouse is morphing into a state-of-the-art green gem. The sumptuous new 5,000 sqft foot, 10 room mansion is shedding its old structure, the new one remaining a surprise, but it’s rumored that it will include:
- 4 bedrooms and a penthouse solarium flex space
- 3 full bathrooms and 2 powder rooms, all by WaterWorks
- Subzero kitchen and separate wet bar
- 3 separate outdoors gardens with built in Wolf BBQ
- Central air conditioning and gas heating system
- Radiant floor heating
- Reclaimed ash wood flooring by Carlisle
- A wine cellar and recreation room in the English basement
- 3 gas fireplaces
- 2 separate laundry rooms
- All rooms wired for TV/Internet/Cable/Data
- ADT security service
- Anticipated 25 to 30% more energy efficient
And with Madonna moving one block away, Yorkville is getting more and more fashionable.
- 306 East 82nd Street
- Merritt House - 167 East 82nd Street
- The Lucida - 151 East 85th Street
- The Charles by David Collins - 1355 First Avenue
- The Brompton - 205 East 85th Street